chelscatterall

Chels & a Book

Anna Dressed in Blood

Anna Dressed in Blood - Kendare Blake Wow! What a thrilling read!! The novel follows Cas, the son of a once legendary ghost killer who was brutally murdered a few years before. Cas knows his father's killer was not your typical ghost and plans to avenge him once he feels strong enough to compete with this other-wordly being. When Cas hears Anna's story, he knows that she will be his final test. Right away, Cas has a feeling -- something is different about Anna. She is stronger than most and much more brutal. But why? Cas does not plan on developing feelings for Anna, a girl who lived a tortured life even before her horrendous death. But there is something special about this haunted girl. Even though she may be a brutal killer, she understands herself -- and Cas. Just like Cas, Anna is not at all what she seems.With witty and emotional prose, Blake pulled me into the story from the first page. I have never read a more gruesome teen novel, but everything was written perfectly. Anna's story will be enough to make you cringe and pull your blankets tighter around your body, but her character will break your heart. Normally, I don't have overly emotional reactions to teen reads, but Anna made my chest ache. Knowing that the life she lead was not uncommon and that so many suffer just as she did made everything so much more difficult to read. Blake combined so many things into this book: thrills, emotional moments, witty dialogue and fantastic story-telling. I couldn't recommend it higher. You must meet Anna. You must read this book.